Why an ID Fellowship at UPMC?
- The ACGME accredited fellowship program at UPMC provides mentored and didactic-based learning opportunities, as well as the flexibility to tailor one’s second year based on clinical/research interest and/or long term goals.
- We had a 100% pass rate for boards in 2018-2020
- Fellows round in several UPMC hospitals, and are exposed to different ID disciplines including general ID, surgical ID, transplant ID, telemedicine, HIV/AIDS, antibiotic management and stewardship, infection control, outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy and travel medicine.
- In 2018/2019, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside was ranked 15th in the best Hospitals Honor Roll (https://www.usnews.com/info/blogs/press-room/articles/2018-08-14/us-news-announces-2018-19-best-hospitals).
- In 2018, the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine was ranked 6th among medical schools in the nation based on how much in NIH funding they received during the federal fiscal year ($415.67 million).
- Fellows interested in a physician/scientist career path may be eligible for support on a new NIH funded T32 training grant focused on antimicrobial resistance (https://dom.pitt.edu/id/training/medstudresid/).
- Our trainees go on to do great things! (https://dom.pitt.edu/idpastfellows/)
- In 2018, Pittsburgh was voted as the second most livable city in the US, and is a fun place to live! (https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/)
Division of Infectious Diseases
Academic Administrative Office
818 Scaife Hall
3550 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Center for Care of Infectious Diseases
Falk Medical Building
3601 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Patient Appointments: 412-647-7228