Why an ID Fellowship at UPMC?
- The ACGME accredited fellowship program at UPMC provides mentored and didactic-based learning opportunities, as well as the flexibility to tailor one’s second year based on clinical/research interest and/or long term goals.
- We had a 100% pass rate for boards in 2018-2021
- Fellows round in several UPMC hospitals, and are exposed to different ID disciplines including general ID, surgical ID, transplant ID, telemedicine, HIV/AIDS, antibiotic management and stewardship, infection control, outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy and travel medicine.
- In 2018/2019, UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside was ranked 15th in the best Hospitals Honor Roll.
- In 2020, the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine was ranked 8th among medical schools in the nation based on how much in NIH funding they received during the federal fiscal year ($507.39 million).
- Fellows interested in a physician/scientist career path may be eligible for support on a new NIH-funded T32 training grant focused on antimicrobial resistance.
- In 2018, Pittsburgh was voted as the second most livable city in the US, and is a fun place to live!
Division of Infectious Diseases
Academic Administrative Office
818 Scaife Hall
3550 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Academic Office: 412-383-9062
For Patients: 412-647-7228
Center for Care of Infectious Diseases
Falk Medical Building
3601 Fifth Avenue, 7th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Patient Appointments: 412-647-7228
Main CCID Fax: 412-647-7951