The University of Pittsburgh Infectious Diseases Fellowship Training Program uses the Association of American Medical Colleges ERAS Fellowships (Electronic Residency Application Service) to receive applications. Both J-1 and H-1B visas are sponsored by the Institution.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: SEPTEMBER 21, 2021.
ERAS requires the following documents:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A reference letter from your Residency Program Director or Department Chairman
- Personal statement – We strongly encourage applicants who have clearly defined research goals to express their level of interest in our research track in their personal statement.
- Medical school transcript
- Copies of all National Board, FLEX, and USMLE scores
Once your ERAS application is complete, the University of Pittsburgh Infectious Diseases Academic Committee will review and select applicants they believe would benefit from the goals and direction of the training program.
Once your ERAS application is complete and you have attended an interview, you will participate in the last step of the interview process. Working in conjunction with ERAS, our program participates in the Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP) which is part of the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) conducted by the AAMC. Both the candidates and the fellowship program directors prepare a rank list of their preferred fellowship programs and candidates, respectively. The ranking lists are entered into the MSMP database and The Match algorithm generates the final match results.
Division of Infectious Diseases
Academic Administrative Office
818 Scaife Hall
3550 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Center for Care of Infectious Diseases
Falk Medical Building
3601 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Patient Appointments: 412-647-7228