Section of Palliative Care and Medical Ethics
For Patients and Families: Contact Information
Any patient or family member who would like to request or schedule a palliative care consultation should contact the appropriate service at the numbers listed below.
- UPMC Presbyterian or UPMC Montefiore Hospital—Call 412-647-7243, pager 8511, for palliative care inpatient consults.
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC—Call 412-647-7243, pager 8510, for palliative care inpatient consults.
- UPMC Shadyside Hospital—Call 412-647-7243, pager 8513, or 412-623-3008 for palliative care inpatient consults.
- Patients with heart disease, lung disease, or both—Call 412-647-6000 to see Dr. Jane Schell in the outpatient clinic.
- Patients with pulmonary lung disease—Call 412-648-6161 to be seen in the Comprehensive Lung Center.
- Patients with cancer—Call 412-692-4724 to schedule an appointment at the Cancer Pain and Supportive Care Clinic at Hillman Cancer Center.
- Patients with breast cancer being treated at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC—Call 412-641-4530 to schedule an appointment at the Women’s Cancer Center.
- Patients with gynecological cancer being treated at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC—Call 412-641-5411 to schedule an appointment at the Women’s Gyne/Onc Clinic.
Additional Community Resources
- Family Hospice and Palliative Care—Call 412-572-8800 or click on www.familyhospice.com.
- Healthcare at Home Hospice—Call 1-800-381-8080 or click on https://www.ahn.org/specialties/healthcare-at-home/hospice.
- Vitas Innovative Hospice Care—Call 1-844-688-6592 or click on http://www.vitas.com.
Division of General Internal Medicine Academic Offices
UPMC Montefiore Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA 15213