Section of Hospital Medicine
The Academic Hospital Medicine Section of the Division of General Internal Medicine at UPMC is seeking academic and clinical hospitalists to join its dynamic group of hospitalists.
- Academic hospitalists share clinical and teaching responsibilities. They have multiple opportunities to participate in collaborative research, quality improvement projects, and curriculum development. Candidates with teaching and research backgrounds, fellowships, or quality improvement experience are preferred for the academic positions. An academic appointment commensurate with training and experience is offered.
- Clinical hospitalists provide high-quality care to inpatients referred to UPMC’s main academic hospital. Clinical hospitalists are expected to be involved in quality improvement projects, patient safety initiatives and have active committee participation. A voluntary faculty appointment commensurate with training and experience is offered.
- Nocturnists represent 40% of our group. We currently have 6 nocturnist teams working every night. Our physicians are actively involved in teaching residents during night teaching rounds. Two of our nocturnist positions are dedicated to the hematology oncology services which offer our physician the opportunity to develop additional expertise. While working as nocturnists many of our physicians continue to participate in research activities or further their education through participation in different educational programs during their time off. A voluntary faculty appointment commensurate with training and experience is offered.
- We offer full and part-time positions as well as combinations of the above job descriptions.
- Candidates should forward a letter of interest and CV to Jane Liebschutz, MD, by mail (200 Lothrop Street, 933 West MUH, Pittsburgh, PA 15213), fax (412-692-4825), or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Division of General Internal Medicine Academic Offices
UPMC Montefiore Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA 15213