Internal Funding Opportunities for Fellows
The Division of General Internal Medicine fellows receive resources for completing their research projects in several ways. Many fellows leverage the resources from their faculty research mentor’s funded work. In addition, there are several internal funding opportunities for fellows.
Division of General Internal Medicine Fellow and Faculty Awards
These awards are designed to mentor fellows through their projects, and to assist faculty members with their education projects.
- Eligibility: DGIM fellows and clinician-educator faculty.
- Allowable Expenses: This award covers expenses for services (e.g., statistical and data management support) provided by the Center for Research on Health Care Data Center. It does not provide funding to conduct the project, nor does it cover expenses for services from other providers.
- Application Cycle: Applications are due the first of the month and are reviewed the second Monday of the month by a steering committee composed of DGIM faculty members.
- Award Amount: Up to $5,000 per year.
For a pdf of guidelines and application procedures, click here.
For more information you can email email@example.com or call 412-692-2023.
Shadyside Hospital Foundation Awards
- Eligibility: DGIM fellows.
- Requirements: The project must be conducted at least partly at UPMC Shadyside and be relevant to its mission.
- Allowable Expenses: The funds may be used for materials, supplies, participant payments, software, statistical support, travel, and other items.
- Application Cycle: Deadlines are generally in mid-May and late November. Funding decisions are made shortly after.
- Award Amount: Up to $15,000 in support of fellows’ projects. Fellows may apply twice a year.
For more information you can email Stephanie DeNillo or call her at 412-623-2296.
Division of General Internal Medicine Academic Offices
UPMC Montefiore Hospital
Pittsburgh, PA 15213